New Paltz LARP

Written Letters and Interactions

Home Forums Story Line Discussion Written Letters and Interactions

This topic contains 159 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Nathan Nathan 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 160 total)
  • Author
    LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

I’m beginning to think he ran an underground hospital in his mansion before it was abandoned. There was a lot of rusting tools and old notebooks. None are even hidden. They’re written in a weird language though, I can’t fully understand it. I tried to decipher it but I can’t figure it out. I’m a fucking genius and I can’t figure out a basic fucking code. Fuck me.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

That’s creepy. I’m going to assume your brother didn’t have a medical license of any kind. Did you bring the notebooks back with you? Perhaps we can work together to see if it’s possible to decode them. Don’t be so hard on yourself, I’m sure you’ve gotten closer to solving it than anyone else has.

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

I uh… I don’t actually know if he ever had any license. He graduated with honors from the Aranarth University but…

To be honest I have no idea what is true about him and what isn’t. I didn’t even know him that well. Saw him once or twice at family reunions, and then I crashed on his couch for like two months. And now I have to use what little I paid attention to, to somehow sculpt his entire history of sin and evil.

I can’t believe I never noticed it in the first place? Was he always a little shit? He certainly didn’t seem one when I was at his house, but that’s definitely his voice when I prayed…

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

There has to be a way for the Crusaders to have access to records like that, right? So we could check those and see if your brother’s name shows up. If it does, there might be a paper trail of patients and treatments he administered. Even if he’s not licensed, there’s still got to be census records and tax reports in his name. That’s more or less my area of expertise, ha. I’d be happy to do some digging for you, if you like.

Sometimes it’s hard to tell what people are really like. They can be really good at putting on facades. Levon was really good at it – for the first three years I lived with him, he just seemed like a kindly man who wanted to help me. Wasn’t ’til I was sixteen that I found out what kind of monster he really was.

So, my point is, try not to be so hard on yourself.

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

Already tried, he was never a Crusader. And the guy who knew him is a fucking asshole with a bitch girlfriend. He’s not gonna help me out. I have some degree of a paper trail thanks to U’ala. But it’s… mostly reports. He never didn’t not sign his real name, which is a fucking stupid move if you ask me, but it makes my life easier.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

No, no, what I’m saying is, what if there’s a way for Crusaders to gain access to legal records outside the Council? Like, say we paw through the medical records in Lares – we might find his name there, right? Am I making sense? I might not be. I’ve been up for a long time. There’s been a lot going on on our end – I might actually need to depart for a few days with a few Crusaders to further investigate this Arcus business. Have you heard what’s going on with that?

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

Lares is not affiliated with the Council in any way. It’s out of territory. It might be a convergence thing but I can’t think of anyone who’d be willing to do all of that, especially since I already have all the information U’ala was able to scrounge up.

Also go the fuck to sleep you brat.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

I’d be willing to! It wouldn’t be hard for me at all. I kind of had the unfortunate task of hunting down people who didn’t pay Levon many times, so, it’s something I got skilled at. I don’t really feel good about how I learned to do it, but this is important, so I’d be happy to use my skills here. Besides, you’ve already gone so far out of your way for me, the least I can do is return the favor.

I will eventually, I just need to make sure everything is taken care of first. I hate leaving work unfinished.

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

If you wanna look up stuff you can, can’t imagine what you’ll find that I haven’t though. I am pretty good at research. Couldn’t find anything that U’ala hasn’t already given me.

As for the books– yeah I’ll bring them around some time. I think one of the reports U’ala gave me mentioned it was a base-sylvan code, but that could take forever to break, so I guess it’s time for me to become an expert cryptographer or some shit.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

If you don’t mind, I’d like to see the information U’ala’s given you, just so I know what you’ve already got. Who knows, there might be a clue or two hiding in that information, anyway. People always give away more about themselves than they realize. (Myself included, I’m not above any of it, haha.)

I think a few of the Crusaders speak Sylvan, is that the same as reading it? I admit I don’t know any languages other than Common, but I could start to learn, that shouldn’t be difficult. Perhaps after I finally get some sleep. But I’ll be happy to help you look through what you’ve got, there’s got to be a way to figure it out. Anything that’s been coded has been done so for the purpose of being decoded, so it’s not impossible.

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

There is no official language for Sylvan. All cultures have basically developed some version but there’s no mainstream version, and more importantly not even communities have a consistent written language, because how everyone speaks sylvan is so… different and magically based that it can be hard to get any proper sounds down. Most give up and just go with pictographs, but then it’s not really sylvan so much as a language based off of sylvan. And that doesn’t include the fact if it’s a conlang version, or a coded version, or just him trying to construct his own written version of it that might be hyper specific with how he speaks sylvan. Fucking magically spoken languages not being magical when written. Whose idea was this.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

So, it seems to me that the way to breaking the code is to get inside your brother’s head, right? Maybe if we find out more about how he thinks, we can figure out how he put this thing together. Does that sound crazy? I’m afraid it might. But there has to be a way to crack this thing.

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

If I knew how my lousy-ass half brother worked, I wouldn’t be in this mess in the first place. Although… I have a really shitty memory, so maybe if I take a specifically brewed memory potion, I could remember what I did encounter of him more clearly. Do you know any good brewers?

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

I’ll ask Prophet! He’s always making health potions, maybe he’s good at making other kinds of potions too. I don’t know of any other brewers – I could poke around and ask some of the others, as well.

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

If you’re gonna ask the bucket at least make it clear that I’m not addicted to memory potions, all right? Don’t need another string of rumors going on that I’m doing this for shits and giggles. Granted the bucket’s been really nice to me now, which either means he realizes he was a complete ass, or he’s trying to make me complacent like last time and to be honest I have no fucking idea which one it is but if he’s going to supply me health potions I don’t really give a shit what goes on in that metal brain of his.

–JE

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 160 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.