New Paltz LARP

Written Letters and Interactions

Home Forums Story Line Discussion Written Letters and Interactions

This topic contains 159 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Nathan Nathan 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 160 total)
  • Author
    LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

I dunno if a bucket is the best idea for a therapist. You have to actually be… trained in that shit. It’s sort of an abuse of power otherwise. My brother did the same thing, and as it turns out he made things a lot worse. Is it really a good idea to have him do it?

The commander seems all right, like he apologized to me and everything, but is it something he’s actually trained in or is he doing it as Commander?

Yeah, I was in Hell. A couple of months ago one of my husks got possessed and pretended to be me. It fooled everyone and turned all the crusaders against me, and then sent me to Hell. By the time I escaped it had been found out, but it was very aggravating to see murderdog laugh in my face, and everyone else say it wasn’t their fault as they “hadn’t done anything” which is exactly the fucking problem. They all watched as a few people decided my fate and did NOTHING.

Caring and giving a damn is different. You care too much to the point of stupid. You have to give people their space and let them do the shit they’re good at. Like when you kept hanging back on the collapsing maekive. If you had stayed with me and the mountain faded, I would have lived, and you would have died, and then everyone would have gotten to see you splat on the ground.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

I truthfully don’t know any of the details behind it. Prophet simply told those that were in command at the time that it had been taken care of. I don’t want to pry, I’m afraid it might not be my business, but I have been keeping a close eye on Jaka ever since.

Goodness, that’s terrifying. I’m so sorry that happened to you. I’m very glad you got out all right and I got the chance to get to know you – the real you, not a husk. And I’m so sorry to hear that the Crusaders responded that way. That’s entirely unacceptable. I really don’t understand them sometimes.

Well, it was my intent for you to live, that’s why I kept hanging back. It would have been irresponsible of me not to stay and protect you and the other Crusaders. It’s my job to put my life on the line for everyone else, isn’t it? And even if something did happen to me, command structure apparently changes often enough where it wouldn’t matter too much anyway. There’s plenty of other Crusaders in A Team, they could just as easily pick someone stronger and with more experience. I try to do the best I can but my life just isn’t as important as protecting everyone else is. It would be selfish to try and save my own skin and leave a Crusader in danger.

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

No, it’s not “selfish” it’s called being a fucking idiot trying to save someone who was NEVER IN DANGER IN THE FIRST PLACE. That’s my main point. You have to think logically about what you do, cause otherwise one day you’ll have to decide between saving a person and letting another person die.

If you have important skills, use them. If you have no skills, then don’t get in the way. You’re general. Your current job is “leading” and “making important decisions.” Also you’re apparently good at paperwork so that’s probably a bonus. There’s a difference between being selfish and being reckless. Learn it.

–JE

PS– what do you mean it’s not your place to ask? You’re general. You can ask your commander whatever you want.

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

As far as I knew, I was being logical. You didn’t have a weapon to protect yourself, there were a bunch of night gaunts around, Crusaders were getting hurt left and right – what was I supposed to do? I don’t want anyone but me to die on my watch. I couldn’t just leave them all behind, and when Prophet told me to get behind the ward, I obeyed, but I felt sick leaving you and the others out there. Truthfully, I feel nauseous just thinking about it.

I am at least good at paperwork, so, I guess that’s something. I just want to be better at more than just that.

Best,
    Nathan

PS – I didn’t want to invade another Crusader’s privacy. If something’s said in a therapy session, it’s my understanding that whatever is said there is meant to stay there unless the individual receiving therapy is an immediate danger to themselves or others. Am I mistaken?

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

As far as you knew? Were you not listening to the words coming out of my mouth? Do you not listen to when I say things? Do you think I lie to you? Do you doubt my skill? My skills to teleport away from danger? Which I said I would be doing not once, not twice, but multiple times? Do you really think I’m that shitty of an Alchemist? Cause it sounds like you think I’m that shitty of an alchemist.

Also what I meant to ask was that you should ask the Commander if he’s actually qualified. There’s a bunch of healers on council who could probably do it better. Cause you know what you can do when you’re in charge of them and are their moral support? You can manipulate and mold the ever loving shit out of them.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

No, no, I don’t think you’re a bad Alchemist, not by a long shot. You’re brilliant, you’re probably one of the best around. I was just scared for you. You’re the only real friend I have and I was terrified something terrible might happen to you. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to insult you in any way.

I… I suppose I could bring it up, sure. I admit that the thought of questioning him is terrifying but… I don’t want anything bad to happen to anyone else under my watch. So. All right. I’ll ask him.

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

And… why the fuck are you scared for me?

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

You’re a dear friend to me. I care about you a lot. I didn’t want to risk losing you.

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

Yeah, you told me that part before. I don’t understand how that correlates into you being scared for me unless you think I can’t handle myself.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

There’s always a chance something bad could happen, no matter how prepared you might be. I didn’t want to take that chance. I’m sorry to have insulted you. I’ll try to give you more space from now on.

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

There’s always a chance a meteor will hit me on the head right now and I’ll die from a concussion. And yet you’re not rushing over to crawl on top of my head.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

I mean, I could if you wanted me to.

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

Don’t you fucking dare.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

I won’t, don’t worry. I was only making a joke.

Anyway, the probability of you getting killed tends to increase when there’s something nearby actively trying to kill you. You are skilled and strong, much more so than I am, but I didn’t want to risk the off chance of something happening anyway and me not being there to help however I could. That’s all. It was never meant to insult you or doubt your capabilities. But, since it does upset you, I will happily grant you your space from now on and only interfere when necessary. I hope that that is acceptable.

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

Yeah that’s basically what I want. I don’t know if you’ve noticed this, but I like my space. I like not having to interact with people too often. Twice a week and I am spent. Especially when it’s with people who I can’t stand. The druids are draining too. Don’t know how people manage to go all day talking. I certainly can’t.

Writing is easier because then it takes longer for conversations to happen. It means I don’t have to yap my ass off to some idiot who can’t rub two brain cells together.

–JE

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 160 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.