New Paltz LARP

Written Letters and Interactions

Home Forums Story Line Discussion Written Letters and Interactions

This topic contains 159 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Nathan Nathan 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 160 total)
  • Author
    Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

Well… You do have a logical point there. So, yes, all right, if you could do that for me, I’ll owe you a favor, is that fair?

I’ve never been to the House of Bliss, actually. I’ve heard a little about it in passing, but I’ve never been there myself. What… exactly is it? If you don’t mind explaining, of course.

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

…you’re fucking shitting me right now. Oh fucking…

All right so I’m going to explain this as plainly and bluntly as fucking possible. The House of Bliss is a whore house in Kasinthia, but it has its chains elsewhere I’m pretty sure. As in you go and pay people and they have sex with you. And if that’s not to your liking, you pay a skilled illusionist for whatever you can dream up. Even if it’s dumb. If you want to live out a story of you being a knight in shining armor and saving the royal majesty and then having sex on top of the dragon you killed, then congratulations you can pay someone to do that for you.

It’s a pretty good deal last I checked, although I haven’t ever done it as it’s a waste of money, and I’m not exactly chock full of unfulfilled sexual fantasies that I’d need to go either.

Does THAT answer your question, Coattails? Or do I have to explain sex to you too?

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

I… Goodness. I didn’t think it was quite like that. That’s… Um. Wow. I… I definitely have no desire to visit there any time soon, nope. I’m just… not ready for that sort of thing.

I do not need you to explain sex to me, I’m sure. I have read about it plenty.

Well, um, thank you for explaining. I do appreciate it.

Best,
    Nathan

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Nathan Nathan.
    LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

Yeah yeah, you already mentioned. I get it. Most people aren’t ready for that sort of thing. It’s kind of a weird place. Plus every time my bisexual ass gets anywhere near bullshit like that, I just get bored. So you’re probably have the right idea by staying far away from it. I personally can’t stand it because most people in that field are just liars and con artists.

Although if you want people to not see you as a kid, you’ll want to at least be able to name it when you see it.

Otherwise you’ll end up like U’ala, forever stuttering and being confused by such things. It’s kind of fucking hilarious.

But another example of how it’s annoying bullshit– there are two druids here who keep making googly eyes at each other. It makes me wanna barf. Just marry each other and have terrible children in a loveless life or stop looking at each other like that in my presence. And they keep arguing over who should sign their names to the paperwork first. Each one saying the other should do it because they put more work and should thus get top billing.

I’m seriously considering just taking the paper away from them and writing my name on it. Pretty sure that’s how conflict solving works.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

Oh, so, you are interested in both women and men? That must be nice. I’m definitely not interested in women, but the rest, I’m… very unsure about. It’s hard to explain. I haven’t really had any healthy relationships with other people before, so… it’s all a bit of a mess, really.

But, wait, I am… slightly confused. U’ala has children, does she not? So… Why would the topic of sex upset her? Unless they are adopted? I don’t really know for sure, I don’t want to be rude by asking her – truthfully I’ve never thought about it much ’til now.

I can understand why you would be frustrated with those druids, although, personally, it sounds very sweet to me. I would love to have that kind of intimacy with someone, someday at least. But public displays of affection can be uncomfortable, so, I understand your point of view. I wouldn’t recommend signing their paperwork, though, you have enough on your plate as it is, ha.

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

I mean I wouldn’t say so much as interested in both so much as I have a variety of interests that include it as a variable. As an example, I really can’t stand gnomish men. Gnomish women? Sure. They’re wonderful to look at, assuming they’re not being annoying. But gnomish men are just a complete turn off to me. The features gnomes have are just not good looking on men. And for all the gnomes that go androgynous, then it’s usually a coin toss, although it doesn’t really matter as I’ve never really interacted with any of ’em of that variety to make a decision. Plus it’s not really that important to my life if I do make that decision or don’t ever know.

Also I wouldn’t really say I”m interested in either of them. People kinda suck and they bore me immensely. It’s just sometimes I wanna fuck ’em, but that doesn’t make them interesting.

Furthermore, I’ve never had a healthy relationship either. You don’t need one to figure out what you like. You just kinda use your head on that one. Are you interested in picturing someone having sex with you or some stand in? Then chances are that probably factors into your sexuality in some way. Or I guess just interested in getting all googly with them. Then that probably also factors. Either or.

Also, hah, U’ala. Don’t know what her deal is, but yes, she’s got kids. I dunno, my guess is Selkies just reproduce in such a fucked up way that she never had to look at her husband without his pants on. Or she has done it and she’s in deep denial about it, which is extra hilarious if you ask me.

Federational races in general kind of annoy me. They integrated with us a few years ago, but everyone’s acting like it’s completely normal for everyone to have extensive knowledge on how they work and all their cultural nuances. Just because they can fucking learn common easily enough to be fluid enough in it doesn’t mean I can tell the difference between a cat person and a dog person. I can barely remember people’s names. I don’t have time for this shit. There are way more important things for me to do. Like transcribing every type of alchemy that’s lodged in my noggin’

Furthermore some of them have an inflated view of themselves. They act like they are better than us because they had a “harder” life in the Federation, like I give a fuck. And then there’s this whole complex they have. It’s common knowledge in the druid center that Keimin is apparently the fucking staging ground of most drama, so we were the reason that the Firsts eventually ended up in the Federation as well. And some of them ask the most obnoxious questions about it, like somehow I’m personally responsible for why the Firsts got summoned. Fucking annoying to shit.

PDA isn’t that uncomfortable per se. I might not want to watch it, but if two people were mashing lips next to each other I wouldn’t have an issue with it at all. I’m not a child. The annoying part comes from when it wastes everyone elses time with trite bullshit.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

I can’t say I’ve ever really pictured myself thinking things like that too terribly often… I mean, I have, yes, I’m not completely sexless. But the feelings are relatively rare. And I’ve always pictured those… encounters, if you will, from a third-person perspective. Does that factor into it? I don’t mean to sound like a child, I just… genuinely don’t know. I hope this isn’t troubling to you in any way, this conversation can stop if it’s annoying.

I’m rather overwhelmed by all the Federational races myself. Not that I think poorly of them or anything, not at all, but I am so terribly out of my element in the Crusaders, it almost feels like I’ve been flung into another dimension. There’s so much I don’t know, and I’m constantly playing catch-up trying to be on everyone else’s level. I’m sure you’ll be fine with it eventually, though, you’re incredibly smart.

I understand your feelings, I think. I do sometimes get uncomfortable when people engage in PDA. Like, just, this weird knot in my stomach that I can’t quite describe. Is it similar for you, or just more or less an annoyance?

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

I literally wrote in my last letter “or a stand in” that means third person. Are you even reading my letters? Reading comprehension, coattails. Reading comprehension. So yes, it does factor into it. Consult what I wrote for further information on it. I’m not writing again.

The Federational Races are honestly the least of my worries at the moment, since the Crusaders are now open to hypothetical divine and demonic individuals that have been approved. The Druids are soooo pissy about that one. Since I was a former crusader a little troupe waltzed up to me to bitch about it, one guy was even annoyed by the divine inclusion, since apparently we gotsta keep the realms separate or some shit. The rest were more preoccupied with the demonic inclusion.

Like apparently someone filed the paperwork for a direct servant of Kadriar to work on Crusader C team. I don’t think the Heads care too much (except U’ala who threw a shit fit), as they actually know how to politic, but there are enough druids complaining about it that it’s a hot topic. I really don’t want to keep track of that paperwork too, but apparently I have to, since I’m the only “former” Crusader in the Druids in a position of power that isn’t a head Druid, dead, or a rock. Or became an emissary or some shit.

Point is I apparently am the most approachable informed guy in authority at the moment, and that is really annoying. Damn druids.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

Oh, no, I didn’t mean for a third person to be involved in the encounter. I meant from third-person point of view, like… I guess like I’m almost watching myself have the experience, rather than experiencing it myself? Does that make more sense? I apologize for the confusion. (I do read your letters very carefully, you know.)

I don’t see the issue with divine and demonic individuals working for the Crusaders, if they so choose. We exist to keep all the realms safe, not just the mortal realm. It would make logical sense to include those who live in other realms on our teams, yes? It would at least make diplomacy easier, having those who are immersed in divine and demonic culture working with us in those respective realms.

Although, maybe I’m just being idealistic. I don’t know.

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

Then congratulations you as a person think things like that. Not really much I can say about that. I wouldn’t really call it weird or bad or anything? I don’t know what you expect me to say. I’m not a brain doctor.

The issue with divine creatures is that they’re fucking crazy little shits that don’t understand our morality. Like there are divine creatures that can heal you, make you ageless, and never remember anything ever again, because they think they’re –helping–

The issue with demonic creatures is that they literally have made their entire culture and lives around murdering us and eating our souls. Redcaps, for example, LITERALLY have to dip their hat into spilled blood once a day or they DIE. that’s One dead person a DAY.

Why wouldn’t people be flipping their shit over the things that eat us? Plus everyone remembers the demonic invasion a couple years back where the biggest and baddest demons just flat out insta-murdered four chunks of the population and countries had to be evacuated. You should remember that time Unras landed in Bawerstrom/Corsiva, yeah? It travelled across the land and just laid waste to everything. People thought the world was going to end. I certainly did.

Plus you just sold your soul to a demon, didn’tcha? Nasty bunch who can gain control words like that and then bammo, you’re their slave. Fucked up bunch.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

Oh… Yes, I… I suppose you’re right. I was being entirely too idealistic. This is why I wish you were around A Team more often, you’re much smarter than I am. I have absolutely no idea what I’m going to do without you.

And, yes, I did manage to sell my soul to a demon. Twice. Two separate demons. Which is terrifying. I have literally no idea what to do about that. I definitely don’t want to be a slave to anyone else. I enjoy performing a service for the Crusaders, but only of my own free will. Do you have any idea what I can do about this, or am I basically fucked?

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

If I was in A team all the time someone would end up dead, and there’s a fifty percent chance it would be me. Pay is great though. So I come in from time to time when I’m looking for money. Otherwise I just do the necessary work with more minor teams, or wave it off as Druid work. Knowing Murderdog, he’d probably slit my throat in my sleep if I stuck around too much. So… it’s probably a good thing I’m not there often.

You’re not entiiirely fucked? Four eyes at the garden seemed pretty blasé about it. And she’s apparently the one who wrote the book on demons. It really depends on what the deal entails, it could mean anything. Hopefully the crusaders will DO something about this. Unlike all the other issues they just ignore, like the fact that Zander was ELDAR CURSED and no one seemed to notice or care. Or the fact that some poor sod turned into a demon. No one cares.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

Well, I certainly don’t want you to be killed, so maybe it is for the best that you aren’t around all the time. It is lovely having you around, though. I would hope Jaka wouldn’t try anything terrible like that – if he did, he wouldn’t be around much longer, I can assure you of that. If it’s of any comfort to you, as long as I’m around, I’m not going to let anything hurt you. You’re my friend.

I don’t even know what exactly the deal was, to be honest. Mr. Honest simply said to me he could grant me my heart’s desire but only if I said yes, and I said the word without knowing there was a list of words you aren’t supposed to say in an elevator, but there was… no actual deal made? So I’m not sure what’s going to happen there. And the Sheo impostor asked if I wanted him to get rid of the other pact demon, so I said yes. So. I probably am entirely fucked.

I’m really not familiar with curses at all, to tell you the truth. I’ve been doing as much research as I can on them to try to prevent anything terrible like that happening to anyone else. I knew something was off with Zander, but I didn’t realize it could be that. I really do worry that I’m not doing enough for everyone else. If I couldn’t protect him from something like that, what can I do? Maybe I have decent enough character but that’s not enough to carry the weight of an entire team. I don’t know. I want to do the best job I can, and sometimes I feel like I can handle it, but other times it’s so overwhelming, like I’ll never catch up and be good enough and strong enough to be of any use. And I certainly don’t ever want to become corrupt and hurt anyone else. The very idea gnaws at my stomach.

Augh, I’m sorry. Anyway. Yes. Thank you for bringing what you noticed about Zander to my attention, it was really vigilant of you and I appreciate all of the help and advice you’ve given me. You’re very kind.

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

Yes he would. He’s let people die before and nothing bad happened to him. Ever. Even when I reported it he quit BEFORE they could talk to him. No one in power will ever do anything to actually punish a Crusader. The only time I’ve seen it work is the time I accidentally stumbled across a rhetoric that they didn’t want to be made public due to bad PR. Literally, that’s the only reason they cared. A few of them care sort of, but it’s mostly lies. I had to bug Rosalie for WEEKS, and she NEVER once considered the fact that there was something wrong with Murderdog. She was just pissed because he quit leadership, not that he was a cold blooded killer who laughed in my face when I told him I had been shunted into hell.

The thing is I would be fine if he just got therapy, or if people looked into this shit, but no one does! No one cares about anyone else here! Except for me, where they take a huge preoccupation with my addiction and flaws, for some reason. You know how Rosalie got so hurt and wounded by that slam article that dared to accuse her of being an “alcoholic”? Meanwhile her general at the time was delighting in tearing me apart and blaming health potions for my every flaw.

Curses are super fucking rare. I have seen them maybe once or twice in my life. I was really surprised to hear it was that. I guess the et’ada are way too fucking powerful for their own good.

Also you’ll be fine if you just give a damn about people. I don’t even care about people, I just notice when there’s something weird. And some of it is really obvious, like turning into a fuckin’ demon.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

Please keep this between just us, but Jaka has actually gotten therapy from Prophet. He’s made remarkable leaps and bounds. I don’t know if it’s recurring, but I do know at least one session has been had. I’m very concerned after hearing what you’ve told me about him, however, so I promise to keep a close eye on that.

I do think it’s really unfair how the others focus so hard on your addiction. It doesn’t make you less valuable or trustworthy, it’s just… a thing. And it still really bothers me that Prophet immediately accused you of stealing the others’ health potions. I tried to get him to stop, he had absolutely no proof and it was unfair of him to single you out, but he either didn’t hear me or didn’t want to listen to me.

You’ve been in hell before?

Well, it’s a small comfort to know that curses are rare. Still, I should be looking more into them. They seem extremely dangerous and I don’t want the Crusaders to get hurt.

Is just caring about people enough, though? I worry it might not be. I do care about everyone, I care immensely, but you know how I am. I’m a noodle with arms. I just want to be stronger to protect everyone else. You seem pretty tough – do you have any advice on what I can do?

Best,
    Nathan

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 160 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.