New Paltz LARP

Written Letters and Interactions

Home Forums Story Line Discussion Written Letters and Interactions

This topic contains 159 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Nathan Nathan 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 160 total)
  • Author
    Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

Absolutely. I’m still really sorry about the way he treated you last time. I’m glad that things are better now. He’s going to be supplying you with health potions now?

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

Yeah, he gave me four health potions as recompense, and has given me additional since. I’ve been using them for very important things, like saving all your asses from webwomen, if you recall. Shadow Alchemy is a pretty good alchemical school, but by every single fucking god, it drains the hell out of ya.

Also I finally figured out what type of symbol might work for you. I’ll be testing it on myself later, so I’ll let you know how it goes.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

Oh, of course, how stupid of me. I completely forgot about your needing health potions for that. I’m glad things are better between you two.

Also, I’m to be part of a group going on a small diplomacy mission to see Arcus very soon, within a few hours, actually. Prophet will give me a solid answer about the memory potion in a few hours.

That’s wonderful news about the alchemy symbol, thank you! You’re too kind, really, it warms my heart. I assure you I am working on a way to pay you back for everything you’ve done for me.

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

To be honest, a health potion addiction isn’t one you can ever kick. Not in my line of work anyway. After all, if you suddenly became allergic to numbers, there’s not much you could do about it, right? Sort of a fucking necessity for your day to day life. You’d kinda have to fucking deal. And I have gotten very good at fucking dealing. It’s not like alcoholism. I kind of need it to fucking function, especially by this point in my life.

Have fun on your private mission. Heard about what happened to her. S’fucked up shit. Druids are flipping out. It would be funny if it wasn’t yet another morbid sign of the end times.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

I understand, or at least, as best I can, considering that I’ve never dealt with anything remotely like that. It must be really hard for you. From what I can see, you’re doing really well. (I hope that doesn’t come across as condescending in any way, I would never want to speak to you that way.)

Ha, I don’t anticipate it being terribly fun, but it’s necessary. I hope I’ll be back soon, and if I’m gone for more than a day, I’ll try to get a letter out to you just so you know I haven’t died or gotten captured or both. Though the capture of a corpse doesn’t make a lot of logical sense, not much really does, lately.

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

It’s not really that hard. We use health potions all the time. I just drop a few more arvirs than most people. I am skilled and talented and smart enough to be extremely high functioning in everything I do, and a stupid addiction is no exception.

Eh, if you die we’ll do what we did with Milui and resurrect you ASAP. If you’re that worried about it, start focusing on trying to bond with some rat or something to make a familiar and never let it leave a box under your bed or something.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

Well, yes, it is true that you’re extremely smart and skilled. Just, you know. It can’t be easy.

Oh, and here I thought you would leave me to rot, hehe. I’d prefer to avoid dying before my time, but thank you, that’s very kind of you.

I’m just about to leave, but before I go, I thought I should let you know that Prophet will be giving you your memory potion next week, and that Seilaan will be looking over your journals for you. Hopefully I’ll see you again soon!

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

Yeah, I know, Prophet stopped by. He took the musty journals and will be delivering them himself. Which means I got out of doing work again. Hooray for kicking the rock down the fucking road. Wish he had given a word of warning or something, but whatever, he’s doing his own thing and if it means I have less work to do, I’m happy.

–JE

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Dear Coat Tail

This is being written to you from the desk of Jeremiah Eudicot, Head of the Druid Alchemist Department. We hope this letter finds you in good health, and it is being transcribed by one of the alchemist Druids. I was told to inform you that Jeremiah Eudicot will be spending a brief stint in the hospital, due to accidentally exploding his right arm off. He should be in stable condition, but we had to spend the better half of the day gathering arm chunks so that it may be healed properly.

Yours truly,

Alexus Tweed, Druid, Elemental Alchemist

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

I was right it was B—-. Murderdog was indirectly enslaved to him. He did it. He probably killed the elf too.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

What are you talking about? What did Jaka do? What elf are you talking about?

Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

Jaka was enslaved to Ballsack, and was the one who stole from M-name elf who we had to resurrect a few days ago, and is probably the reason she was dead in the first place.

Reading comprehension!

–JE

PS just got the memory potion.

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

Your message was pretty vague. There wasn’t much to comprehend there.

Do you have definitive proof that Jaka did this? A confession or anything? What brought you to this conclusion?

I’m glad you have the memory potion. I thought it would have taken longer; Prophet told me about a week. Let me know how it goes.

Sorry if I’m being overly short. I’m up to my neck in books and not learning much of anything, other than there was apparently a cult around an albino child at some point so now I feel especially self-conscious about existing in general.

Anyway, I hope you’re doing well and that you heal up soon. If there’s anything I can get you to help with the pain, don’t hesitate to let me know.

Best,
    Nathan

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Coattails,

Yeah your commander just told me that he used to work for B—-. Everything else is obvious.

–JE

Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

Jeremiah,

Well, that’s something. Damn.

I’ll go find him and talk to him. Thanks for your help, Jeremiah. *heavily scratched out sentence*

Best,
    Nathan

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 160 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.