New Paltz LARP

The Commander's Office

Home Forums Story Line Discussion The Commander's Office

This topic contains 42 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by LyaanEudicot LyaanEudicot 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

“Who is it?”  Doc snapped, before realizing it was Kard’s voice.

She shuffled to the door, and glared through the hole to see if it was in fact Kard.

She opened the door.

Juneau/Kard/Datta
    Juneau/Kard/Datta
    Participant

Kard steps in past Doc and into the office. “I came to talk to you about some matters.” he suddenly felt akward standing there. “But, uh…I should probably ask how your…baby is doing.”

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Doc shrugged. “Fine. Faster than the last one. Why?”  She asked, shrugging, after slamming the door shut.

Juneau/Kard/Datta
    Juneau/Kard/Datta
    Participant

“Just checking,” Kard responded, if not flatly, then stiltedly. This isn’t what I wanted to talk about anyway…

He clears his throat and tries to loosen up some. “Anyway…I wanted to talk to you about Ser Handsome.”

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Doc took a deep breath, her eyes narrowed, and the napping Little Shit woke up with a start, and started randomly screeching.

“Yes?”

Juneau/Kard/Datta
    Juneau/Kard/Datta
    Participant

The bird’s squawking startled him as he felt the mood of the room completely change. …It looks like I was right to be suspicious. Let’s see what she’s willing to tell me.

“…Well, I just got out of a conversation with him and Jain. And I couldn’t help but notice there was something…unusual about him. You know, besides his incredible stupidity, arrogance, and vanity.”

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Doc grimaced a bit. “Yeah. I already gave you and the marshals my reports. What did you notice?”

Juneau/Kard/Datta
    Juneau/Kard/Datta
    Participant

“That depends….if we’re talking to the average person, he’s just too stupid. He puts too much faith things and acts like its the be-all-end-all  of his life…if we’re talking to a business man…” He straightens up, looking more confident and analytical. “Then he’s entirely too consistant. Every person has a moments where their personality cracks, where a subtle tell is let through, but there was none when we talked to him. He was entirely too pointed with certain conversation points, showing an attempt to force information out. Furthermore, he shows an ability to adapt his conversation patterns to attempt to garner favor.” He sits down in a chair, looking serious at her. “His personality is practiced. And you know that.”

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Doc sighed. “I’d suspected.”

At this Little Shit hissed, and Doc yelled back with the same bird like noise.

” I didn’t want to spread paranoia. I do enough of that already. But yes. You’re right. And the key to not irritating him isn’t to test his personality, but to ignore him. If he wants to act like an idiot, he’ll be treated like an idiot. That’s how it works. I’m not going to make assumptions about people, it caused me to nearly kill Hahinn and Mir, and to be honest, it’s not my style. “

Juneau/Kard/Datta
    Juneau/Kard/Datta
    Participant

“With a name like yours, I couldn’t imagine why.” It was an attempt at sarcasm, but it was a flat delivery and the mood was just too heavy for it. “But I get it. Treat him how he acts and everything is fine. That implies, however…that there’s something that would make things not fine otherwise.” He looks up at Doc expectantly. “The mood in the rooms not doing you too many favors and neither are your facial expressions or the part of your soul throwing a fit over there. Care to tell your General what’s going on here, Commander? Not that I don’t have an idea, but I’d like it confirmed.”

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Doc rolled her eyes. “Ignore Little Shit. It gets in a tizzy every time I go someone who’s a problem. It’s been like this ever since summer. It’s decided I can’t take care of myself so I need a vocal warning every time.”

Doc screeched back at it.

“And things won’t be fine if we do anything we can’t justify in a court. I saved Dis from a hole through his chest. He saw me do it, and now I’m going to prepare for a hypothetical where I have to explain Beren, my oath as a doctor, and my loyalty to my orders. And even then, I don’t know if I can argue my way out of half the shit we’ve been through.”

Juneau/Kard/Datta
    Juneau/Kard/Datta
    Participant

“We probably can’t. But you can start with Council orders demanding us to observe Dis for hi unique situation requiring you to keep him alive longer. You could even claim it would be more detrimental for him to die than to live. You know a lot about Demons, you can claim some authority.” he rethought what he just said. “Of course, with the HT having a strangle hold on the council, they may just change the orders. And then Ser Handsome and Hyperion can execute Dis at their leisure. Which would erase that problem.”

Kard got up and moved around the office space. “But that brings us back to our current problem, which is…that Ser Handsome is funneling information to the Paladin Order…yes?”

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

“Yup.” Doc replied, as Little Shit hopped over to the desk, and started ruffling through papers.

Juneau/Kard/Datta
    Juneau/Kard/Datta
    Participant

“Fantastic…” he pinched the bridge of his nose and grimaced. “So now we have to watch everything we do, lest we be judged by those holier-than-thou pricks above us. And have it mean something.” An exasperated sigh escaped his mouth. “So what do we do now? With them breathing down our necks, we’re not going to be able to do our job. Hell, imagine what happens if we go into Ko’ebbe. Ser Handsome will kill half of us. and he won’t do hit to stop the Justicars if they do anything against us.”

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

“Do you really think it’s just Ser Handsome?”  Doc asked, eyebrow raised.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.