New Paltz LARP

Sparrow's Therapy

Home Forums Story Line Discussion Sparrow's Therapy

This topic contains 46 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Sparrow/Druku/Samuel Sparrow/Druku/Samuel 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

She held out the other cup that had an S on it, implying it was hers, and lacking in alcohol. “Yes. Why”

“This conversation goes in. Tallow doesn’t get to know. I don’t care what else Tallow knows, but not this. You knowing is dangerous enough.”

Sparrow takes the cup.

“Anyone who knows this stuff and says their names holds incredible power. I’m not telling you their names, by the way. That’s a great way to get you killed.”

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Seilaan frowned. “I have limited space in that but– fine. Fine. If I ask Tallow to not look in specific areas, he will not. Tallow’s respectful.”

“Good. Thanks.” Sparrow puffs out some smoke. “The Lords of Water, Fire and Air. They want to destroy the Et’Ada. The Gods. Mortals. Plus I’m not as powerful as I used to be. Having dominion over the dead is less versatile as over water. Also, I’ve lost access to the Sacred Heart Jewel. What with my last access point being the water I let in there.”

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

“… is that a bad thing?” Seilaan asked, frowning.

Sparrow shrugs. “Neutral. Was nice to have, but I can live without. Being one of the few powers in the universe that can actually use the damn thing, I liked having it as an option.”

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

“So this is permanent now? No more water, ever again?” Seilaan asked, sitting across from Sparrow, the fire’s warmth beginning to spread.

“I mean, could theoretically seal them away again. But that’s not the plan. Void takes precedent. So long as they behave, I think they’re just back.

“So yeah. Water’s off the menu in a permanent sense. I’m getting used to proper Underlord powers.”

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

“Pity. I’m almost going to miss hearing you coming out of my milk. Should I… rethink my shrines?” Seilaan asked.

“Might want three more. But then I don’t know. Underlord was unresponsive already before I came along. The Lords of Water, Air, and Fire are even removed. All they care about are their elements.

“But then you already have the Overlord represented, so you might as well. I haven’t much of a religion anymore, so I don’t know what would make for a good shrine. Strictly speaking, the Cult of the Soul Devourer is my largest following.”

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Seilaan nodded. “Do you have any followers?”

“Jeremiah. Nathan. Any other Crusaders. Any offshoot cults that didn’t have to do with water, maybe. Prophet might have been, but he’s fucked right the hell off. Good riddance.

There’s that Faith emissary. Don’t know where that one went, though.”

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

“Another emissary,” Seilaan said dryly. “I mean I was already aware of it, but considering how Prophet is a corsin, it’s our jurisdiction now, huh?”

“Yeah. Faith is weird though. I didn’t think of it at the time. Really, I fucked up more than I could have imagined. Prophet did not have ‘legitimate’ control over Faith, like the relationship between an Interfector and an Emissary should be.

“Faith has Ba’loch chains on them, which Prophet held. Given its nature, I think that Faith is both an Interfector and an Emissary. Which means they would have a much greater degree of free will and agency than other Emissaries have.

“So I’m accomplice to the continued enslavement of an intelligent being. Fun”

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

“You want to drown it? Or… drown it in dead bodies?” Seilaan asked.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.