New Paltz LARP

Sparrow's Therapy

Home Forums Story Line Discussion Sparrow's Therapy

This topic contains 46 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Sparrow/Druku/Samuel Sparrow/Druku/Samuel 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author

OOG Note:¬†This is Sparrow’s therapy sessions with Seilaan, and Sparrow is linked to one of the most powerful entities in the universe. There will be world spoilers here, and maybe characters spoilers. I would actually suggest you not read this if you are not GM, VP, or otherwise involved, but I obviously can’t stop you. So please, if you do read this, respect that your character likely has 0 reason to know any of it.

Sparrow stumbles into the door of Seilaan and Tallow’s home, soaked through his clothes from the rain. He awkwardly shifts his weight back and forth, slamming his fist into the door several times.

“Seilaan!” Sparrow shouts. He slips off the door and falls to the ground, limp and propped up¬†against the bark of the tree home. He pulls a bottle to his lips, but nothing is there.

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

A bird watches him. Its green plumage contrasts against the blue trees. In sylvan,

“What do you want?”

Sparrow glares up at Lirinen, then spits out in Sylvan.

“To talk to your mom, bird. Go flock off.”

His speaking sounds slurred and forced. Lirinen can smell alcohol mixed with rot.

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Lirinen clacks in disapproval. But it does not argue and flies off, leaving Sparrow alone in the rain. Enchanted statues move quietly amongst the brush.

A few minutes later, Seilaan walks out of the house, in a long rain cloak, different than her normal one, water droplets flecked across her glasses.

“Sparrow.”

Sparrow begins climbing out of his seated position with obvious difficulty.

“Took you long enough. Lirinen was giving me lip. You gonna invite me in?”

The arm holding the bottle goes limp, and the bottle falls to the ground.

“Fuck,” Sparrow says, but without any energy behind it.

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

“Not until you tell me what’s this about,” Seilaan says, pursing her lips and crossing her arms. She deflated slightly as she took in the sight. She sighed. “Come on in. Warm up.”

Sparrow nodded, took a deep breath, and righted himself on his two feet. He followed Seilaan in, trips on the doorway and starts to fall before grabbing the door. His weight goes against it, accidentally but helpfully shutting it.

“…You’re going to need to help me to a chair.”

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Seilaan caught him, her ghost arm holding him up easily. “Easy, cowboy. You’ll be fine.” She guided him into a dark room. She effortlessly shot a spark, and lit a small metal furnace ablaze.

Sparrow stumbles forward, and crashes onto a couch. He pulls out a cigarette, sticks it in his mouth, then pulls out a matchbook. He tries to lift up his other arm, but it lies limp. Sparrow sighs.

“Nysis did something stupid,” Sparrow says.

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

“What did Nysis do?” Seilaan asks from a separate room, having disappeared into the kitchen.

“Summoned greater powers long since sealed beyond the stars, which want to destroy all of mortalkind, from you to the Et’Ada, all while making my life more complicated than it already was.”

Sparrow finagles a match out of its booklet, and starts trying to light it.

“Zander helped. Still haven’t gotten around to kicking his ass.”

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

Seilaan sighed. “That is unfortunate. There always seems to be a greater power, huh?”

“Well, this is the greatest.” Sparrow pauses. “Okay, the Void is bigger, but when talking about this universe.” Sparrow pauses. “Psi barely fucking counts for anything! Look,” Sparrow gives up with the match. “There are five Elavim. The Elavim of Light, Dark, Water, Fire, and Air. The three were sealed away. One was banished. And the last slept. Looks like that shit wasn’t meant to last.”

Sparrow stands up with some difficulty, but less so from before. He shambles over to the fire. “The Lord of Water has been fully released. You’ll love him. Goes by ‘Drowned God’ these days.”

LyaanEudicot
    LyaanEudicot
    Participant

“Oh… oh Sparrow… I’m sorry,” Seilaan said, coming out with two mugs of hot chocolate. “There’s firewhiskey in this– oh Sparrow… how are you feeling?”

“Like a walking corpse,” Sparrow holds his cigarette to the fire until it’s lit. “Thanks, but I’m going to pass. I just tried to get drunk, and ended up killing this body in the process.” Sparrow takes a long drag of the cigarette. “Who knew livers were so fragile.

“Can you still store memories?”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.