New Paltz LARP

Meanwhile in Sarenu

Home Forums Story Line Discussion Meanwhile in Sarenu

This topic contains 820 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Ch'taia/Pearl Ch’taia/Pearl 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 821 total)
  • Author

“Yes. The Friend has been useful so far in ferreting out pockets of resistance in the cities we currently have control over.”

Nods to her

“I believe the Friend can help.”

Ch'taia/Pearl
    Ch’taia/Pearl
    Participant

“Alright… perhaps I will try to meditate and stop drinking all these potions. I’m starting to think that the side-effects are more harmful than this wild Kasinthian whitebird chase. I’m sorry you keep seeing me at my worst, Kelbanor… you are the only person I truly trust,” she says quickly, unfamiliar with speaking so sincerely. She stands up and nods in the direction of the Courthouse.

Kelbanor bows and goes over to a secret place and does secret things with a secret person and after an exchange of sorts, Kelbanor returns to Ch’taia…and does not disturb her if she is ‘asleep’

Ch'taia/Pearl
    Ch’taia/Pearl
    Participant

Ch’taia is meditating for the first time in days. She’ll be out for several hours

Ch'taia/Pearl
    Ch’taia/Pearl
    Participant

Ch’taia is awake and filling out government-related paperwork at her desk.

“Hello Ch’taia”

Kelbanor says as he opens her door slowly

“I have news.”

Ch'taia/Pearl
    Ch’taia/Pearl
    Participant

“Come in,” she calls, setting her quill down.

She stands up and gives Kelbanor the Injustice Fighter salute, then gestures to a chair across the desk from her.

Returns the official Sareniuan Republic salute

“The King’s Guard is responsible for the whereabouts of Malithres. They also seem to be pushing the giants towards a major city. I have alerted the Council.”

Ch'taia/Pearl
    Ch’taia/Pearl
    Participant

“He’s still alive, then?!” she blurts out. “You know for sure?!”

“The Friend gave no indication to Malithres’ living state, but indicated that the King’s Guard moved him. Which I supposed might show that Malithres is indeed alive…”

Kelbanor looks worried at Ch’taia, as if afraid she may go into a manic episode ((sorry learning abnormal psychology right now))

Ch'taia/Pearl
    Ch’taia/Pearl
    Participant

Ch’taia looks slightly disheartened, but absently nods her head. “The giants… I will take care of the giants. If I find any members of the King’s Guard with them… well, may Sarnu have mercy on their souls. Any idea where the giants are headed?”

“Abladcaras. I am sending trails of catapults in preparation. I also am having Ch’taeish look into a possible Eldar artifact that could defend the city…if you don’t mind. Also, Aaliyah, my aide, came up with the suggestion of using fairies as a distraction…not that you would enjoy that.”

Kelbanor laughs lightly

Ch'taia/Pearl
    Ch’taia/Pearl
    Participant

“It had to be fairies, eh?” Ch’taia asks. “Very well. I will rendezvous with the beasts in Abladcaras and we will see what is to be done when we get there.”

“Thank you, Madam Vice President.”

Winks at Ch’taia at the Vice President part, before a rather worn out expression crossed his face

“I would join you, but last night, while you were still in a meditative state, I didn’t want to disturb you, but… the Cabinet had a wide scale attack upon them last night. The Secretary of Defense was murdered, but the rest are fine. I moved the Royal Cabinet Family to Iandor, to ‘oversee the repairs’, and spread out the rest of the Cabinet around the city, so that way they will be less likely to be attacked. It was the King’s Guard. Watch yourself out there, Ch’taia. I will deal with the political fallout. Them giants aren’t helping matters…”

Ch'taia/Pearl
    Ch’taia/Pearl
    Participant

SOME TIME LATER, AFTER CH’TAIA HAS LEFT COUNCIL TERRITORY AND IS STILL A MAN…

A male elf wearing very plain clothing and a leather satchel walks into the Lainethian courthouse. He holds a baby bunny in his arms.

“May I help you?” says a woman from behind a desk in the lobby. She scans the man disapprovingly.

“Would you please tell President Il’edan that Mr. Estel is here to see him? And that it’s urgent,” he adds.

“Of course,” the woman replies, and goes down the hallway to find Kelbanor.

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 821 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.