New Paltz LARP

In Character Chat(Away from Group)

Home Forums Story Line Discussion In Character Chat(Away from Group)

This topic contains 3,004 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by Lenore Lenore 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 3,005 total)
  • Author

In Character Chat(Away from Group)

Aniah
    Participant

[i:1kpk9jqr]Aniah reaches the cliff, and peers over it for a moment. The wind rushes past her, auburn locks lifting from her shoulders. The roar of the waterfall, although distant on her right, fills her ears. There is pain in her chest, pain she doesn’t understand. After a moment, she walks down the side of the cliff, until she reaches the hill that connects it to the lower level. She treads down carefully, before approaching the waterfall, her confusion and rage evident not only in her stance but her gaze. As she reaches the water, she slows her pace, until the tips of her boots threaten to dip into the cool, clear stream. For a while, she just watches it, brow furrowed.[/i:1kpk9jqr]

……..

[i:1kpk9jqr]The elf heaves a heavy sigh, before sitting herself down on the riverside. She peels off her boots and rolls up her leggings, dipping her feet into the rushing water. The cold makes her gasp, at first, but the sensation quickly becomes comfortable. She leans back on her hands, and looks up towards the sky, ivory throat exposed to the sun. Her hair sweeps past her shoulders, revealing just barely the silver scars that muddle the skin of her shoulders. Usually covered by shadow and her hair, they are now visible, plain as day. Aniah reaches up, and runs a hand through her auburn locks, stopping with her palm on the back of her skull. Her long ears twitch at the sound of a rock being dragged along the riverbed by the current. At least here, things were peaceful.[/i:1kpk9jqr]

Aniah
    Participant

[i:1kpk9jqr]Aniah reaches the cliff, and peers over it for a moment. The wind rushes past her, auburn locks lifting from her shoulders. The roar of the waterfall, although distant on her right, fills her ears. There is pain in her chest, pain she doesn’t understand. After a moment, she walks down the side of the cliff, until she reaches the hill that connects it to the lower level. She treads down carefully, before approaching the waterfall, her confusion and rage evident not only in her stance but her gaze. As she reaches the water, she slows her pace, until the tips of her boots threaten to dip into the cool, clear stream. For a while, she just watches it, brow furrowed.[/i:1kpk9jqr]

……..

[i:1kpk9jqr]The elf heaves a heavy sigh, before sitting herself down on the riverside. She peels off her boots and rolls up her leggings, dipping her feet into the rushing water. The cold makes her gasp, at first, but the sensation quickly becomes comfortable. She leans back on her hands, and looks up towards the sky, ivory throat exposed to the sun. Her hair sweeps past her shoulders, revealing just barely the silver scars that muddle the skin of her shoulders. Usually covered by shadow and her hair, they are now visible, plain as day. Aniah reaches up, and runs a hand through her auburn locks, stopping with her palm on the back of her skull. Her long ears twitch at the sound of a rock being dragged along the riverbed by the current. At least here, things were peaceful.[/i:1kpk9jqr]

Korrin/Zeyke
    Korrin/Zeyke
    Participant

((Takes place in Xanthera, during the night we waited for our audience with the king in Wellington II’s manor.))

[i:622wlln4]Zeyke moves through the less-crowded streets, using alleyways and shadows to remain unnoticed by the general populace. He’s nowhere near as proficient at it as a certain elf, but his skill is enough that he can move past the average person without being detected. He moves through the city like this, although he has no reason for avoiding the crowds. It almost seems…instinctual. Every so often he stops, flips through the notebook he holds in his hands, and looks around, trying to get his bearings. He continues to move through Xanthera, looking for a certain building.[/i:622wlln4]

Korrin/Zeyke
    Korrin/Zeyke
    Participant

((Takes place in Xanthera, during the night we waited for our audience with the king in Wellington II’s manor.))

[i:622wlln4]Zeyke moves through the less-crowded streets, using alleyways and shadows to remain unnoticed by the general populace. He’s nowhere near as proficient at it as a certain elf, but his skill is enough that he can move past the average person without being detected. He moves through the city like this, although he has no reason for avoiding the crowds. It almost seems…instinctual. Every so often he stops, flips through the notebook he holds in his hands, and looks around, trying to get his bearings. He continues to move through Xanthera, looking for a certain building.[/i:622wlln4]

Korrin/Zeyke
    Korrin/Zeyke
    Participant

[i:wki0eyd7]After several minutes of travel, Zeyke stops outside a rather nondescript house. He looks up at the ramshackle building, no more than two floors tall. There is no paint at all on the building, simply wood, and old wood, at that. The door is hanging off one of its hinges, the door slightly ajar, creaking whenever the wind blows past it. The roof has a rather large hole in it, and the rest of the roof looks to be rotting. There are windows, but they look to be shoddily made, and have nothing except for wooden planks stripped across them to keep them barred. Where the first level meets the second, the walls jut out a little, forming a tiny outcropping about halfway up the building. Zeyke looks down at the notebook in his hand, thumbs through it one last time, and sighs.[/i:wki0eyd7]

Alright, let’s get this back to its owner.

[i:wki0eyd7]He looks around at the building, trying to figure out the best way to enter it. He eventually decides to climb the right side of the building. Slipping the book into one of his back pockets, he jumps up and grabs onto a wooden plank. He then draws his legs up and presses them against another wooden plank, securing his position. Reaching up, he grabs onto the outcropping at the top of the first floor. Gritting his teeth with the exertion, he pulls himself up, using his legs and feet for extra leverage. He clambers onto the outcropping, rolling further onto the ledge. Pushing himself up, he gets into a crouch, moving silently along the outside of the house. At every window, he peers inside the room, looks around for a few short moments, then continues on. At the last window, he peers in, same as before. This time, however, he spots something different from all the rest of the rooms– this one has a girl sleeping in it, whereas all the other rooms had boys. Rubbing his hands together to warm them, he kneels down, preparing to open the window.[/i:wki0eyd7]

Korrin/Zeyke
    Korrin/Zeyke
    Participant

[i:wki0eyd7]After several minutes of travel, Zeyke stops outside a rather nondescript house. He looks up at the ramshackle building, no more than two floors tall. There is no paint at all on the building, simply wood, and old wood, at that. The door is hanging off one of its hinges, the door slightly ajar, creaking whenever the wind blows past it. The roof has a rather large hole in it, and the rest of the roof looks to be rotting. There are windows, but they look to be shoddily made, and have nothing except for wooden planks stripped across them to keep them barred. Where the first level meets the second, the walls jut out a little, forming a tiny outcropping about halfway up the building. Zeyke looks down at the notebook in his hand, thumbs through it one last time, and sighs.[/i:wki0eyd7]

Alright, let’s get this back to its owner.

[i:wki0eyd7]He looks around at the building, trying to figure out the best way to enter it. He eventually decides to climb the right side of the building. Slipping the book into one of his back pockets, he jumps up and grabs onto a wooden plank. He then draws his legs up and presses them against another wooden plank, securing his position. Reaching up, he grabs onto the outcropping at the top of the first floor. Gritting his teeth with the exertion, he pulls himself up, using his legs and feet for extra leverage. He clambers onto the outcropping, rolling further onto the ledge. Pushing himself up, he gets into a crouch, moving silently along the outside of the house. At every window, he peers inside the room, looks around for a few short moments, then continues on. At the last window, he peers in, same as before. This time, however, he spots something different from all the rest of the rooms– this one has a girl sleeping in it, whereas all the other rooms had boys. Rubbing his hands together to warm them, he kneels down, preparing to open the window.[/i:wki0eyd7]

Korrin/Zeyke
    Korrin/Zeyke
    Participant

[i:zlhj4go2]The window doesn’t want to open. Zeyke frowns, trying to figure out a way to remove the planks quietly. He rummages through the things he carried with him.

(…Can’t be done.)

Trumped by such a pathetic security system, Zeyke sits down on the roof, contemplating what he could do. He looks to the window again, and notices that the desk in the room is pushed near the window, presumably to enjoy what could be seen of the sky whenever the room’s occupant was sitting at the desk.

(That’ll do.)

Zeyke moves closer to the window, hand reaching into his back pocket to get the note book. He slides it underneath the wooden planks, placing it gently on the desk. Nodding to himself, Zeyke stands up, still in his crouch to dampen the noise he makes, and moves back toward the right side of the building. As he gets near the edge, the rotting wood underneath him crumbles and he falls forward, his momentum causing him to spin in midair so that he is facing upwards. He crashes down onto the pavement, knocking the wind out of his lungs.[/i:zlhj4go2]

Korrin/Zeyke
    Korrin/Zeyke
    Participant

[i:zlhj4go2]The window doesn’t want to open. Zeyke frowns, trying to figure out a way to remove the planks quietly. He rummages through the things he carried with him.

(…Can’t be done.)

Trumped by such a pathetic security system, Zeyke sits down on the roof, contemplating what he could do. He looks to the window again, and notices that the desk in the room is pushed near the window, presumably to enjoy what could be seen of the sky whenever the room’s occupant was sitting at the desk.

(That’ll do.)

Zeyke moves closer to the window, hand reaching into his back pocket to get the note book. He slides it underneath the wooden planks, placing it gently on the desk. Nodding to himself, Zeyke stands up, still in his crouch to dampen the noise he makes, and moves back toward the right side of the building. As he gets near the edge, the rotting wood underneath him crumbles and he falls forward, his momentum causing him to spin in midair so that he is facing upwards. He crashes down onto the pavement, knocking the wind out of his lungs.[/i:zlhj4go2]

[color=red:kuyqqx4f]random passerby looks at the random boy who fell from the sky, and hurriedly walks away, lest the guards suspect something[/color:kuyqqx4f]

Anonymous

[color=red:kuyqqx4f]random passerby looks at the random boy who fell from the sky, and hurriedly walks away, lest the guards suspect something[/color:kuyqqx4f]

Korrin/Zeyke
    Korrin/Zeyke
    Participant

[i:nz5lzkq2]Zeyke gasps for air, trying to force himself to breathe again. He fails, and rolls in-between the two buildings to either side of him, to avoid catching the eye of strangers. He keeps trying to breathe, but can’t.

(Ah…can’t believe…I’m gonna die like…this…how pathetic…)[/i:nz5lzkq2]

Korrin/Zeyke
    Korrin/Zeyke
    Participant

[i:nz5lzkq2]Zeyke gasps for air, trying to force himself to breathe again. He fails, and rolls in-between the two buildings to either side of him, to avoid catching the eye of strangers. He keeps trying to breathe, but can’t.

(Ah…can’t believe…I’m gonna die like…this…how pathetic…)[/i:nz5lzkq2]

((Agarwaenor discreetly dives in. "Nesta". Zeyke is healed, and Agarwaenor discreetly dives back away))

Anonymous

((Agarwaenor discreetly dives in. "Nesta". Zeyke is healed, and Agarwaenor discreetly dives back away))

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 3,005 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.