There are two separate sets of roles for the site: general and forum. Each role confers different levels of permission. When new accounts are created, they have the most basic permissions set.
- Basic account to get user in system. Can make comments.
- Can write and edit your own blog posts, then submit them to be published.
- Can write, edit, and publish/republish any blog post. Can insert images into posts, has access to image uploader/media library.
- Can manage static pages, missions, the wiki, handbook and constitution. Can moderate comments outside the forum.
- Full access to all site settings, has ability to change user levels, manage plugins, forms, forum settings, SEO settings, etc. There should probably only be one or two of these.
- User can’t even view the forum while logged in.
- User can view everything, but cannot post topics or replies.
- Default level, user can post topics and replies.
- Can manage all topics and replies.
- Can manage forums. A user must be an administrator to also be a Keymaster.